CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived...)

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:34:00 PDT 2003

>From: Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>
>To: talk at nblug.org
>Subject: Re: CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has
>arrived...)
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:47:33 -0700
>
>On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:35:22AM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
><snip>
> > I also seem to recall that [Knoppix] has been suggested occasionally as
> > a way to introduce more skeptical people to Linux.
>
>LUGOD handed out literally 300 copies of Knoppix over the span of three
>days
>at the Government Technology Conference in Sacramento this past May.

[snip]
>I'm hoping we'll have similar interest during the Information Security
>Conf.
>held by ISSA, also in Sacramento, next month.  I've yet to find any
>volunteers
>to burn a collection of CDs, though. <:^(

I have 2 CD burners at home that I can run simultaneously.  Currently, I'm
trying to burn and label a total of 100 OpenOffice CD's.  However, this has
mostly exhausted my budget for such things, and so I'd be willing to help if
someone else provides the CD-R media.

Of course, if I have any OpenOffice CD's left over after October 13th, I can
probably contribute them to your ISSA project.