CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived...)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Oct 10 11:07:01 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:02:19AM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Knoppix seems to be the one that everyone is interested in.  LUGOD members
> also seem to have an interest in DemoLinux.  Anyone else on this list have
> any suggestions?

We're focusing on Knoppix these days.  Of course, who knows... DemoLinux
might become cooler/more flexible.  It was just the first bootable
Linux CD we were familiar with.

<snip>
> It is possible that LUGOD will distribute other CD's, if they receive any
> good suggestions.  According to their website, anyone with suggestions for
> other CD's can contact webmaster at lugod.org

I just got back a spool of 50 blanks (left over from earlier events),
so I can get them to people.  Either at our next meeting (Oct 20th)
in Davis, or if anyone's planning to head to the Vintage Computer Show[*]
down in Mountain View this weekend, I'll have a booth there! :^)

-bill!
pr at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] Unrelated to LUGOD, though I will be running a Linux laptop
    http://www.vintage.org/2003/main/exhibit.php