[NBLUG/talk] OpenSSH

error error at sonic.net
Sun Oct 19 06:39:00 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 21:35, Rob Orsini wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I applied an OpenSSH patch (from the FreeBSD site) to a FreeBSD
> box that I access mostly remotely and ever since then I've noticed
> consistent laggy behavior.  For example every time I 'ls' in my home
> directory it displays about 15 items, pauses for 1.5 seconds, then
> spits out the remaining 10 or so.  Has anyone else heard of something
>   like this? I apologize for such a vague description but it just seems
> to me that something about the PAM challenge/authentication is
> slowing things down now(??).

It seems to me that sounds a great deal like a slow connection...
I could be wrong though, as you said it's since the patch.
Perhaps you should try rebuilding sshd again from clean sources?

If you have logged in, PAM shouldn't be in the picture anymore.

A little more info would be helpful.

--
error <error at sonic.net>