[NBLUG/talk] Help please: adding gnophone extensions

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Tue Sep 2 11:24:00 PDT 2003

Registering is not required when a client is called by IP.  When called
dynamically it MUST reigister with the server.  Because when a call comes in
to that extension the server needs to know where that client/host is on the
lan/network.

Your extensions look adequate...minimal

Check out the defaultip=
for your iax clients, reference pp. 60-67 in Asterisk 2 Handbook.

There may be other issues.... but this is what I can tell from what you have
stated below.

On Monday 01 September 2003 22:53, Annie A wrote:
> hi all
> i have some problem and questions:im just adding two
> gnophone users to my dialplan, all three systems are
> within lan.

If they are on the lan why not give them static host= values?

Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Cert# 807302251406074
GPG key http://www.streetchiro.com/pubkey.asc