[NBLUG/talk] Fujitsu P2120

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Mon Sep 8 15:40:03 PDT 2003

At 03:24 PM 9/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I have just got one, ebay connection, any suggestions on Linux
>installation?  I have SuSE 8.2 (on my desktop computer) disks, and
>Mandrake (used before SuSE), and some older demo-Linux installers.
>I see other installers mentioned in the linux-laptop website, with their
>solutions!
>OT: The Vintage compu thing looks interesting, wonder if I should take my
>"TV-Typewriter" terminal? If I recall correctly, I had modified it so I
>could do both lower and upper case!
>Cal Herrmann

I just got one of these as well.  I plan on installing tri-booting Redhat,
Debian and XP soon but for this week I slapped Mandrake 9.2 on it to get it
up and going fast.  The WiFi works and there were a hand-full of ACPI
options in the installer, which is a good thing because I understand that
the main hurdle with these things is the move to ACPI from APM.  I think
Kyle is looking for p2120 details for his site
(http://greenfly.org/fujitsu/).  I offered mine as a Debian test bed so he
can fill in the thin sections.  Overall, a damn cool little
box.  Congratulations.

Rob