[NBLUG/talk] db3 weirdness when installing Evolution

troy fryman at sonic.net
Tue Sep 9 13:04:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:09:15PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> I downloaded the file evolution-1.4.4.tar.gz from Ximian's FTP server,
> unpacked it, and ran ./configure.  It told me that it required db3.  I
> downloaded db-3.1.7.tar.gz from *the same Ximian FTP server*, and install it
>
> without a single problem.  Then I tried running ./configure again on the
> Evolution package, and no matter what arguments I give it, it tells me that
> I installed a version other than 3.1.7!  I even double-checked the contents
> of db.h, and it says that it's version 3.1.7!  What's going on?

Are you sure ./configure is finding your new db3 and not some old one?
You may need to run ldconfig, optionally updating /etc/ld.conf to let
the linker know about the new db3.  Better would be to see if evolutions
Configure allows you to do something like:
./configure --with-db3=/some/path

(if you've tried either of the above, it wasn't clear from your message)

-troy