[NBLUG/talk] laptop sync

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Fri Sep 12 10:10:04 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:37:15AM -0700, augie wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i'm looking for a way to keep my laptop and my desktop machines up to
> date with one another with respect to user /home dirs. i use my laptop
> when i am at school, and my desktop at home, and i need a way to keep
> them in sync. so far all i've come up with is rsync, anyone else use
> something different? what do you use to keep your various machines
> sync'ed up?
>
> augie.

My laptop and desktop configurations are different enough that I don't do
this (although I might consider starting to do it w/ at least my mutt
settings) I would use some sort of rsync setup, possibly automated by
setting it up with laptop-net so that when I connected to my home network,
it would automagically sync.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President