[NBLUG/talk] What kind of file is "...-rpm.bin"?

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Sep 15 06:37:01 PDT 2003

Mike -

It created an installer and did it's job of installing the JRE in the
/opt/ directory.  Now, I believe, I have to create the symbolic link for
the browser - correct?

Also, why didn't "sh [the file name]" not work, after setting the
"execute" bit, but just running it with "./[file name] " did work?

Todd

P.S. Again, I want to express my appreciation for the time and detail
you put into your replies!