[NBLUG/talk] SIOCSUFFLAGS: Device or resource busy

jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 16 06:01:01 PDT 2003

This is the message I'm receiving when I do a "ifconfig eth0 up".

My NIC is a Realtek chipset and it's using the correct driver 8139too. I googled
the subject line and found a suggestion to disable the plug n play in BIOS. This
hasn't had an effect.

I've used this box and card before for a different Linux installation and it
worked fine.

The only other thing I can think of is that I dumped a lot of software on this
installation and I seem to remember something being plug and play related that I
installed ( assuming that's the cause ).

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be much appreciated!

Jeff