[NBLUG/talk] How do I get RH to recognize wireless card?

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Thu Sep 18 12:18:01 PDT 2003

Well, once there are drivers installed, one would do an 'iwconfig wlan0 ...'

For example:
iwconfig wlan0 essid=myessid
would set the essid to 'myessid'

I've not worked with an amtel card before.  My chipset is Prism2 and I was
installing on Debian. :)  I remember I compiled new modules for it.

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116