[NBLUG/talk] Debian under VMware

Cameron Tully-Smith lpstudy at sonic.net
Mon Sep 29 21:28:00 PDT 2003

Anyone run Debian under VMware 4.0?  I'm trying to run (gasp) Linux under
Windows (I know, but I don't have a dedicated fast enough machine (unless I
want to spend time loading an old one)).  Debian keeps saying I don't have
a hard disk despite my taking the defaults (4.0GB disk); I've also tried a
8.0GB virtual disk with the same results.

The physical machine is running Win2000 with 2 IDE disks.  VMware is
emulating a SCSI disk and has the .iso for the bf24 installer CD that I
downloaded mounted as the CD.

Any help appreciated.

Cameron
lpstudy at sonic.net