[NBLUG/talk] I think I broke my ping!

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Tue Sep 30 11:07:01 PDT 2003

Also -- would this problem also explain the trouble I am having emailing an
address at mindspring?  I had a problem a few days ago with returned email,
but I thought it was because of the way mutt was set up.  It seemed that email
was rejected because there was a line in my header that indicated the sender was
on jupiter.daveNet, my home net.  I added this line to my .muttrc file:

set envelope_from

...so that outside machines would see my *actual* email address, not the address
of my local machine.  I resent the email that had come back, and it hasn't
reappeared.  Now, though, I get this when I tried sending something to someone
at mindspring (different ISP than the earlier one I just described).

Below is the text of an email I received from my Mailer-Daemon: