[NBLUG/talk] Evolution won't start! Perhaps the inbox got toobig?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:22:01 PDT 2003

I just did another Google search (I can't figure out why I didn't just
search for "mbox.ibex.index.data" in the first place), and it appears that
the file is a word-index, used so that if I search for messages that contain
specific words, the search won't take forever.  Maybe Evolution started
doing this when I set up a filter that automatically marked for deletion any
message containing the word "Nigeria" (yes, that stupid scam is *still*
going around!).

I moved the file to a different directory, and Evolution regenerated it.
Fortuantely, this time the file was only 2.3 megabytes.

Lincoln