[NBLUG/talk] Can't get 'at' working correctly

sms at sonic.net sms at sonic.net
Fri Apr 2 12:34:18 PST 2004

> This morning, I wanted to fax something at a specific time. For
> the fun of it, I thought I'd give the "at" utility a spin. I'm
> using the efax package to send faxes, so I typed this:

<SNIP>

Offhand, I don't see "the" answer.  I presume that
   "fax send 5551212 document.001 [enter]"
works at the commandline.  Have you forked a new shell
   /bin/sh
and tried typing it at *that* commandline?  Is "fax" in
the path for sh?  The initializations for at-run shells
can sometimes be other than what you'd expect...

Can you get *anything* to work via "at"?  Try some "trivial"
commands via "at", like "touch $HOME/YesATisWorking" and
"mv thisfile thatfile" and "ls > /tmp/at.test.ls".  Do they
work?

- Steve S.