[NBLUG/talk] Canon ImageRunner 5000 with CUPS under Gnu/Linux debian / Redhat

sms at sonic.net sms at sonic.net
Wed Apr 14 13:59:32 PDT 2004

<blink>

Well, that's a very impressive bit of research, and a signifigant
finding for folks with this hardware.  OTOH, your description:

> ... it's just a bit counter intuitive to use a
> driver for an HP LaserJet with a Canon ImageRunner.

is misleading...  It's not "a bit" counterintuitive, it's grossly
and egregiously counterintuitive.

YMMV.   ;)

- Steve S.

  (I presume you've read ESR's rant on his CUPS experience?  Title
  "the luxury of innocence" & found in an initial & followup...
   http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html
   http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/luxury-part-deux.html)