[NBLUG/talk] Net-TV

Warren Raquel wraquel at jacobmarlie.com
Thu Apr 22 18:09:22 PDT 2004

I have a small network at home that includes a file server, a
development server, a few laptops and a few desktops. One of them, my
linux screamer, has a TV card. Is there a way I can turn it into a
streaming cable box? I just want to work in a different room and and get
stream from whatever's on TV at the time with the ability to change
channels remotely. I don't want to dedicate this box to this task, I
still want to run my apps and what-not and still watch TV. Any tips on
how to set something like this up? TIA

-Warren