[NBLUG/talk] New webserver

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 28 16:51:39 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:46:35PM -0700, Troy Arnold wrote:
<snip>
> If you're used to using Redhat GUI tools to configure things, then
> you'll need to figure out the real way to do it, or install webmin.

There's an apt KIOSlave for KDE's Konqueror, allowing you to just go
to an URL "apt-get://" and see what you've got, what's available, etc. :^)

Unfortunately, I ironically had trouble installing it on KDE 3.2 on
a Woody system.  But, it's a pretty new plug-in. :^)

<snip>
> You'll need to figure out what to do with all the extra time you have
> since keeping a Debian system current requires about 5 minutes a week, if
> that.  Using logcheck to weed out the noise from system logs saves time
> as well.

Ooh!  Tell me more about logcheck!

> You do look at your logs, right? :-)

Er... uhh... YEEeaaahh... :)