[NBLUG/talk] Changed Network

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Apr 30 13:12:23 PDT 2004

Thanks about the map :-)

One of our employees uses Comcast and I set up their network and I did
notice that the bandwith changed by the time of day. Arround 2pm it was
600kbps and then at 5pm (everyone going somewhere, nobody on net) it shot
up to 1200kbps or so. I hate their annoying adds though. It's such a
blatant lie (not technically a lie, but you get the idea) if you actually
read the fine print on the page (*compared to 384k dsl*). I'm just amazed
people get sucked in by that. Also the montly service charge for the basic
account shoots up to $59.99 after the initial period from my reasearch.