[NBLUG/talk] Permissions problem with audio device

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 20 16:08:51 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 15:19 -0800, Troy Arnold wrote:
> One more thing...
>
> Did you run 'alsaconf' ?  It's a big (but clean and fairly
> well-commented) shell script, and its got some stuff in there about
> changing permissions for the alsa devices.

I did run it, but I didn't see anything about permissions when I ran it.

Looking at the output of "alsaconf --help", I do see some command-line
options relating to user and group ID's, but they're described as being
obsolete.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

 I'm a gnus person myself.  It's an editor!  It's a floorwax!
          It's a dessert topping!