[NBLUG/talk] Viewing Windows computers with Samba

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Dec 25 11:26:16 PST 2004

I am running a PDC under Server 2000.

 The IP of the PDC is 192.168.0.11 (Domain name = "web01") and the Linux
computer is listed (name = "linux").

There is no problem for me to get from my Windows boxes to the Linux box.

There is no problem getting from one Linux box to another Linux box.

But, from the Linux box I see all of the computers, but I cannot see the
folders on Windows boxes: "You do not have the permissions necessary to
view the contents of Windows Network: blue-thunder".

 From any Windows box I can access any drive that is Shared as well as
the Linux drives.

Needless to say, I am missing some parameter though I have tried what I
believe to be every combination.

I am using the Fedora GUI to setup Samba.

Suggestion?

Todd