[NBLUG/talk] iPlanet - the continuing saga (network stuff this time)

ac at sonic.net ac at sonic.net
Mon Feb 2 12:03:00 PST 2004

Greetings,

Thank you to Frank and Mark for the help - compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118
was the right library, and installing it allowed me to run ./setup.  I had
to tinker with a couple other things (like running export
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1), but I was finally able to launch the iPlanet
server.

Now the only problem is that connecting to the server fails.  When I
launch ./startconsole to start iPlanet, it reports "[LS ls1]
http://localhost.localdomain, port 8888 ready to accept requests.
Launching browser...."  At that point, Mozilla opens (I had to alter the
sript so it would stop trying to call netscape :), and an error occurs
which reads "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
localhost.localdomain:8888"

So, the server is running locally, but I can't connect to it.  I tried
turning off RedHat's firewall, but that didn't change much (this is RedHat
Professional Workstation, and I'm fairly certain it's based off of the RH
9 tree).  We're not really sure where to go next, so any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton for all of the help,

A.C.
******