[NBLUG/talk] Network/Route config question

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Fri Feb 13 10:04:00 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:44:51AM -0800, Dave Sisley wrote:
}
} For some reason, every time I boot up the laptop, I cannot access
} the internet through my desktop until I have typed the following
} command (with root privileges):
}
} route add default gw jupiter
}
} That adds a line to the output of 'route' that says:
}
} default         jupiter.daveNet 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
}
} This line is missing if you run route before running the 'route add... '
} command.
}
} My question is:  In what configuration file does this default info
} belong, so I no longer have to type it in on the command line every
} time I boot?
}
} For the record, I'm running SuSE 8.2 with kernel version 2.4.20-4GB.

SuSE used to put this in /etc/suseconfig or something like that, it may
have changed since I've used it.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com