[NBLUG/talk] Blue Screen of... SuSE, part 2

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Sat Feb 28 14:42:01 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 01:33:01PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:54:10AM -0800, Dave Sisley wrote:
> > Here's as much as I could get off the screen last time this happened
> > (any typos are mine, as I could'nt cut & paste):
>
> Heh... D'oh!  No reason to hand-type it!  Just check:
>
>   /var/log/XFree86.0.log
>
> Good luck!
>
> -bill!

Thanks, bill!  I looked in the file and ... it is completely
incomprehensible.

But the good news is I may have found the source of my problem, if not
a solution:

It turns out (I think) that I've been killing x myself by accidentally
pressing shift+backspace (!!!).  I caught myself and retested it and
sure enough, I got it to repeat.

Does anyone know how to disable this (ahem) feature? Or do I need to relearn
how to type?

-dave.