[NBLUG/talk] Play a sound when the screensaver terminates?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 23:49:00 PST 2004

Physical access is what I worry about.  The cat is shedding her winter
coat a bit late, possibly due to the unusual weather last fall.  She
also coughs up the occasional hairball, although she has not (yet)
coughed one up on anything of value that could not be easily cleaned.

I tried to write a wrapper script for the KDE screensaver, but I
couldn't make it work properly.  I guess I should add DCOP to my list of
things to learn when I get the time...

Anyway, the cat seems to have lost interest in the computer desk, so
it's now a moot point.

I've been living with this cat for 12 years.  During the winter months,
she has a tendency to "nest" in some part of the house for one or two
weeks, then move on to another place.  And this appears to have been one
of her shorter migration cycles (she lost interest in a matter of
days).  During the summer months, she spends most of her time in the
yard, only coming in at night and for meals (although this may change,
as she is finally starting to slow down in her old age).

It seems to me that anyone who claims to understand the minds of cats is
either a psychiatrist or in need of one.

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net>