[NBLUG/talk] Looking for event (picnix13) sponsors!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 8 15:27:37 PDT 2004

The local LUGs are once again putting together the 4th annual Linux
anniversary picnic and barbecue ("Picn*x13"), which will take place on
Saturday August 7th (the weekend after LinuxWorld Expo), down in Sunnyvale.

The event is free to attend, however the total cost of putting together the
event (reserving the park, buying food and drinks, etc.) is around $1000.
So, we're looking for sponsors.

Does anyone around here know of any Linux-friendly companies who'd be
willing to help sponsor this event, in return for recognition on the website,
in event press releases, etc.?  (I don't know the EXACT details.)

(FYI, I'm posting this same note to a number of other LUG lists, to get
the broadest visibility :^)  Sorry if you see it elsewhere.)

Thanks!

-bill!
pr at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/