[NBLUG/talk] Installing WiFi cards

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 8 11:29:41 PDT 2004

Now that I know that I have a working wireless network consisting of a
router and an iBook, I'm trying to attach the Debian boxes to it.  Not
surprisingly, this is proving more difficult than the iBook did.

Can anyone recommend a Linux-compatible 802.11g PCI card that supports
WPA?  I've already tried the LinkSys Wireless-G PCI cards with no
success (fortunately, I was able to return them to CompUSA for a refund
with no restocking fee because they were incompatible).  Based on the
chipset, it looks like the SMC 2802W card would work (it uses the Prism
GT chipset), but I wanted to check here before going any further.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.