[NBLUG/talk] Gallery 1.4 installation trouble (php? apache? permissions?)

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Fri Jun 11 21:00:46 PDT 2004

Hey.  After Paul's talk on Drupal, I couldn't help myself.  I've got
it installed and I'm working on figuring it out.  It runs off of PHP
and as far as I can tell it's working fine.

I'm having trouble with another program, Gallery 1.4, that I want to
use to organize photos.  (there is actually a Gallery module for
Drupal that I was unable to install - maybe for the same reason I
can't get Gallery itself installed?)

Gallery uses PHP, so maybe my problem is with that or in the way I
have Apache configured.  Or permissions. Or maybe my firewall.  Or
demons.

After going through what looks like a flawless configuration, I get to
the point in the Gallery installation where it says "enter gallery".
I click and get a blank page.  If I view the source of the page, all

I've (of course) been googling, but I'm not finding much in the way of
Gallery specific info, which makes me think it's PHP, Apache or
permissions.  Can somebody offer any tips?

Thanks!

-dave.

[Ps - As an offtopic aside:  I now understand why developers pick kind
of odd names for their programs.  'Gallery' is such a commonly used
word on the internet that google can not easily pull up info on the
specific application.  Not that anybody asked me (it's not like I've
ever developed a highly popular piece of software), but I wish they'd
called it something else.]

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com