[NBLUG/talk] HP 5200c scanner, Fedora Core 2, 2.6.5 kernel

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 07:55:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 07:23, Dave Sisley wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Having just upgraded from FC1 -> FC2, one of the more stubborn
> problems I am having is regaining use of my scanner.  It was working
> fine before my upgrade.  FC2 uses a 2.6.5 kernel.

Were you using the USB scanner kernel module prior to the upgrade?  It
was obsoleted by libusb and appears to have been removed from the kernel
source.

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get my Epson Perfection 2400 Photo
scanner to work with the new kernel.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

The truth is what is; what should be is a dirty lie.
		-- Lenny Bruce