[NBLUG/talk] HP 5200c scanner, Fedora Core 2, 2.6.5 kernel

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 08:14:20 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 08:09, Dave Sisley wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 07:55:45AM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
>  fine before my upgrade.  FC2 uses a 2.6.5 kernel.
> >
> > Were you using the USB scanner kernel module prior to the upgrade?  It
> > was obsoleted by libusb and appears to have been removed from the kernel
> > source.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get my Epson Perfection 2400 Photo
> > scanner to work with the new kernel.
> >

> I'm assuming that I was using the module before the upgrade, but I'm
> not sure.  I can see that I have libusb installed, but it doesn't
> seem to help.

I think that the default settings in SANE assume use of the USB scanner
module.  You could re-configure SANE to use libusb, but I don't know if
that would be easier than hacking the USB scanner module back into the
kernel.  We shall see...

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

I'm RELIGIOUS!!  I love a man with a HAIRPIECE!!  Equip me with MISSILES!!