[NBLUG/talk] PCMCIA wireless card suggestions

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Fri Jun 25 10:37:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:08:30AM -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
> Anybody want to recommend any wireless netowrking PC
> cards that are known to work under Linux? (Preferably
> cheap ones...)
>
> Although, with all the things I've heard about getting
> PCMCIA working under Linux, and all the discussions
> I've heard recently about wireless under Linux, I may
> be asking for the impossible... ;-)
>
> Oh, yeah, I'm using SuSE 9.0 professional.
>
> William

*cough*

I think I should stay out of this...

My belkin PCMCIA works under SuSE 8.2 (in a laptop), but I had to find
a driver (SuSE didn't provide one).  My problem is getting the Belkin
pci card in my desktop running under the new kernel.

I'm "patiently" waiting for the 2.6 driver. The guy working on it is
hammering away, but has yet to add Adhoc support. (So I hope no one
comes up with such a cheap solution for William that I run out and buy
something and ditch the belkin <smile>).

Good luck!

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com