[NBLUG/talk] Who can beat this one......

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 26 10:17:23 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 20:53, Mark Street wrote:
> Well, after the removal of 4650 worms, trojans, file sharers and viri the
> thing purrs like a kitten......  I kid you not 4650 critters, it was just
> like a damn tape worm.

4,560?!?  What was the friend doing?

If you want to *really* scare a Windows user, tell him/her that chronic
PC slowness can only be caused by downloading porn.

> One would think people would get tired of this crap, they don't know any
> better.  Is there a choice?

I keep hearing the excuse that the applications aren't there for Linux.
Although as far as I can tell, the only things missing are certain
desktop publishing applications, 3D games, and those little cardboard
boxes you always see lined up in nice rows at Best Buy and CompUSA.
Although as far as cardboard boxes are concerned, I fail to see why
anyone would want to deal with them when they could just use apt-get.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>