[NBLUG/talk] Apache.

Steve srj at adnd.com
Tue Mar 2 12:48:01 PST 2004

Is there anyone on the list who can help me out wiht a redirect rule for
apache?

I have 2 servers, both running apache. for examepl www and www2,  I want
it so if someone calls upa URL on www and if its a 404, it will redirect
to the exact same url on www2 (but replace www with www2)..  Is this
possible?

example

www.somedomain.com/bill   gets a 404 error, so it redirects to
www2.somedomain.com/bill  if its there, all is good, if it is not,
www2 reports the 404 error.

Is this possible?  I've gone over the apache docs (not apache 2.0 by the
way)

I know this isn't exactly linux related =) But it is on 2 debian boxes =)

Thanks.

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."