[NBLUG/talk] Linux as router - Bayonne

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Wed Nov 3 15:04:43 PST 2004

The high end cards from digium.com which are made for asterisk will span 4
T1's on a single card.  You can get a card for a single T1 though.  I don't
know if your solution is analog or digital though as those dialogic cards are
analog and digital.  Problem is the drivers and API for those cards you are
bound by the drivers...  will they write them and give them away or do I have
to stay with RH 7.3 for the rest of my life... not so with asterisk.

MySQL functionality modules are built in from the ground up as well as an AGI
or Asterisk Gateway Interface similar to CGI for a web server meaning you can
code your program in perl or whatever you want and plug it into the asterisk
server.

All the logic/functionality is in the asterisk server, the card is there only
to provide channels and the proper signalling for your data lines, you do the
rest with asterisk and friends.  routing calls based on area code is as
simple as adding a line to the channel configuraiton and dialplan.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com