[NBLUG/talk] Fw: CompUSA Sale

A.C. ac at sonic.net
Wed Nov 24 12:28:40 PST 2004

Dustin Mollo wrote:

>oh...some conditions of the drive purchase i'd like to try to stick to as
>much as possible:
>
>* the drive should be able to be purchased in sonoma county at a
>brick-and-mortar store.  the purchase should be made with the cash
>collected.
>
>* the drive we buy needs to be able to be *purchased* for the amount of
>money we take in from donations.  in other words, if we collect $125, we
>need to be able to go to the store and plunk down that money and walk out
>with a drive.  a drive that is $125 "after rebates" is not an option.
>unless of course some kind benefactor is nice enough to make up the
>difference and let nblug keep the money we get back after the rebates in
>nblug's pocket.

Brick-and-mortar store:  PC Club in Santa Rosa (next to Krispy Kreme)
will be having a sale on Friday and possibly even Saturday and Sunday
for a 200 GB WD (SATA or EIDE) drive for $99, no rebates required.  The
drive is on sale for the rest of December for $109.  A 250 GB drive is
also on sale on Friday for something like $139, I think.  Oh, and they
take cash.  :)

Good luck,

A.C.
******