[NBLUG/talk] Looking for software...

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Wed Oct 27 20:36:43 PDT 2004

I think I did understand.  I like Eric's idea also.  Do what works best for
you.  I think this can be done easily with mailman.

Your marketing department wants a personalized broadcast (non-spam) list only,
which masks the sender to whatever you name your list, members are not
allowed to post to the list (moderated) so there would not be much need for
moderation.  Marketing persons could be placed in the non-moderated role.
You could hack the Reply To: header if need be so if they do reply it would
go to a real address and not to the list.

The list admins who send messages to the list would have his messages scanned
for spam and viruses by the amavisd-new scanning framework and either
quarantined as SPAM prior to delivery to mailman or have mailman filter the
post on Subject = SPAM or the SA score in the header and either discard it or
hold it.  If all goes well mailman receives the message and tags on the
personalized "Dear $NAME, blah blah blah" message header.  Done

The mail is then broadcast to all members of the list.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com