[NBLUG/talk] Webmin Future Directions Web Conference, 13 Dec

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Dec 1 16:40:11 PST 2005

Define real. If you put one of those steering wheel clubs on you car it
could arguably not protect you in any real sense. The same could be said
for a car alarm. It's all degrees.

Say an exploit like last nights came out and you're parked in a server
farm with a customized port. Your odds of survival are about 90% better.
That's a huge improvement for a 5 minute tweak.

The point is take whatever precautions you can with your setup.