[NBLUG/talk] OT - SQL query question

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Mon Dec 5 11:22:06 PST 2005

Hmmm, I tried that too and it does not work as expected.

I exported the db as text and created a MySQL database.

If I run the query as stated below I still do not get the distinct ADDR1 field
with the additional fields listed, if I run the query as  SELECT DISTINCT
ADDR1 from mydb I get the correct disctinct addresses from the ADDR1
field.... but of course I want the name, city, stat, zip fields as well.

Maybe my logic is not correct?

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com