[NBLUG/talk] Adjusting mouse speed

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 21 11:00:23 PST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 01:33 am, Mark Street wrote:
> Forget the Control Center, by the time you find it you could have edited
> the file.  Familiarize yourself with the config files found within......
>
> GUI tools are nice, but they are a bad habit to get into......

I think that computers should be like Tai Chi: they should get maximum work
done with minimum effort.  GUI tools seem to fit this criteria more often
than editing config files by hand, since I can usually figure out the GUI
tools without having to read a man page.

Incidentally, "man -k" doesn't seem to be of any help when trying to figure
out how to adjust mouse acceleration.

> ~/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc
>
> KDE 3.5 rocks.

Then if KDE 3.5 doesn't support fractions for mouse acceleration, maybe I
should teach myself the QT toolkit and write a patch to give it support for
fractional mouse acceleration.  (I may be interested in maximum work from my
computer with minimum effort, but that does not mean I'm lazy.)

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

<xtifr> direct brain implants :)
<knghtbrd> xtifr - yah, then using computers would actually require some
           of these idiots to think!
<knghtbrd> ;>

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email