[NBLUG/talk] A Non-linux Hardware Question

ck3k ck3k at ck3k.org
Sat Dec 31 02:33:16 PST 2005

As far as seperate drives go, I use them for my various partitions in
nix, i.e. /var , /boot. I however don't really see anything
meaningful of having a slow and fast drive, because as far as windows
goes it would be using components from both when running games (think
directx is installed in the windows main directory.) I feel that with
the size of harddrives these days it doesn't really matter unless you
want to have a backup drive, just partition the big one. I could see
where back in the day you would use a cheap drive for the os and then
a fast one for data that you wanted to access all the time i.e. scsi
10k and some other slower scsi or ide drive. If your looking for
cheap local drives, check out compusa's sells sometimes have a cheap
non-mail-in rebate sale.

Paul M. Peterson