[NBLUG/talk] Knoppix - Toshiba Satellite - Proxima wireless

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Fri Feb 11 09:21:45 PST 2005

> The new card works like a
> champ with Windows (Win 2K), but I have not been able to get it to work
> with Knoppix 3.7 on my Toshiba.

I had a problem like that with my Toshiba laptop, it turns out the PC Card
interface was a little weird and Linux couldn't switch it between PCMCIA
and CardBus properly - I had to change it in the BIOS depending on what
type of card I was using.

It probably is not what's wrong with yours, but you never know - you might
look at dmesg and see how your PC card interface is detected.

Cheerful regards,

Bob