[NBLUG/talk] Re-Setting up inherited FTP server

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:11:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:03:09 -0800, error <error at sonic.net> wrote:
> If you have the data, I suggest you just setup new ftp server software
> entirely. If possible, don't use ftp, try sftp or https. wu-ftp is junk
> and will only cause you pain.

I agree with you there, but if he does need traditional ftp, might I
suggest vsftpd?  It has a small foot print and is very easy to setup,
and the vs in the name means 'Very Safe' =)
Anyways you can read up on it here http://vsftpd.beasts.org/

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu