[NBLUG/talk] DevFS issues with a USB Palm cradle

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 16 15:03:18 PST 2005

I've made a little progress on my own.  It now seems that whatever is
going on is NOT a devfs issue, as devfs is NOT being used on this
machine.  It seems that something is trying to accomplish the same thing
by automatically creating and removing device nodes as needed, but it's
not doing very well.  And it seems to have somehow caused the MAKEDEV
script to fail to create new device nodes, although I can still create
them using mknod.

Any idea what's going on?  I'm sure that the problem is being caused by
*something* that was installed by default from the apt repository, but I
don't know what.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

I'm reporting for duty as a modern person.  I want to do the Latin Hustle now!