[NBLUG/talk] Local Assistance requested.

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 27 13:48:48 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:37 -0800, Ron Wickersham wrote:
> i'd be happy to represent NBLUG to give help to the library and have
> contacted them.  will either install on one of their machines, or will
> provide (donate) a separate machine to sit on their network that they can
> view the MRTG graphs from.

I have a few old computers lying around in my garage that are just
gathering dust right now but should be more than adequate for what
you're describing.

Just using the stuff in my garage, I could provide a machine with a
Pentium I CPU (166MHz, I think), 32MB of RAM, and up to a 10GB hard
drive.  I even have a keyboard and color monitor to go with it.  Would
that be enough to run MRTG?

I could easily bring the computer to the upcoming InstallFest, or if
you'd prefer to get it sooner, I could deliver it to any point within a
reasonable driving distance (up to about 20 miles) of Rohnert Park.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

LILO, you've got me on my knees!