[NBLUG/talk] Installing PHP 4.3 on RH 9

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Jul 6 20:27:49 PDT 2005

I am one of those that cannot install FC 4 on my server, so I have
installed a copy of RH 9. I have downloaded the tarball apache_1.3.33
and installed it with modules enabled. And I have downloaded and
installed php-3.4.11 with apxs so that I would have the libphp4.so.

If I have apache load the module, I get an error: undefined symbol:
ap_signal. This is in the new libphp4.so.

Does anyone have a HOW-TO on upgrading apache so that it will load
modules and how to create a libphp4.so that will be loaded by apache?

Todd