[NBLUG/talk] Creating an interbase.so file

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Tue Jul 12 14:47:23 PDT 2005

I am running Fedora Core 3 and I want to install and integrate Interbase
(Firebird 1.5) with php.  To create the "so" file, I downloaded php
4.4.0 and did a

./configure --with-interbase=shared,/opt/firebird
make

[I did not do a make install]

Then I place the interbase.so into /usr/lib/php4 and make an
interbase.ini in /etc/php.d to load the interbase.so.

When I do a restart of httpd, I get this error:

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/interbase.so' - /usr/lib/php4/interbase.so: failed to map
segment from shared object: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions?

Todd