[NBLUG/talk] Linux for an AOL addict?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Tue Jul 19 10:12:21 PDT 2005

I realize I know a little bit more than that. AOL also has DSL services.
Now the DSL hardware is the same as any other DSL, so the actual AOL
software for DSL service has to use pure tcp/ip.

But here's another lead. I'm pretty sure that AOL customers can now access
AOL services from 3 party computers via the web. I may be wrong, but a
little digging at AOL should tell the truth. Now the big question, if this
is true, is how similar to the software interface the web interface is and
whether you're friend would put up with it. I could be wrong, but I do
have some associates that use AOL and I tend to pick up information.