[NBLUG/talk] Cannot bind to a port

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Thu Jul 28 07:56:51 PDT 2005

Back from a business trip and trying to get httpd started.  The
httpd.conf has a "listen line":

# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen *:81

Could I have a permissions problem?

         Starting httpd: (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not
bind to  address [::]:81

Todd