[NBLUG/talk] Enlightenment and Xscreensaver

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:36:03 PDT 2005

Alright, Google isn't being helpful about this.

I can't get the Xscreensaver daemon to launch when I log into Enlightenment.

I'm using GDM for log in, and don't see a way to have it launch extra
daemons as part of the log in process (it looks like XDM could do what
I want, but it seems sad to replace GDM with XDM). I poked around the
files in ~/.enlightenement, and the session management files looked a
little scary to edit manually.

When I heard there was an Epplet named E-Xscreensaver, I tried
installing the Epplets package, and found that it only ran
xscreensaver-command, assuming that the daemon was already launched. I
looked at the Gkrellm plugins, and they seemed to be pretty much
limited in the same way.

So, is there something simple that I don't know about? I really can't
believe that it's this hard to launch Xscreensaver automatically.

William