[NBLUG/talk] Sendmail

Mark Greeott mark at greeott.com
Tue Jun 21 14:32:14 PDT 2005

Here's the contents of /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network

[mgreeott at sonic-1u mgreeott]$ cat /etc/hosts
10.10.10.10             sonic-1u.sonic.net sonic-1u
127.0.0.1               localhost

[mgreeott at sonic-1u sysconfig]$ cat network
HOSTNAME=sonic-1u.sonic.net
NETWORKING=yes
GATEWAY=64.142.113.1
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

I've been contemplating changing the hostname for some time but haven't
for fear of breaking something (like not really understanding what the
10.10.10.10 is all about) :-)

Thanks for all your help everyone,

Mark