[NBLUG/talk] Trying to explain sudden computer death...

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 22 14:34:36 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 17:11 -0700, Ryan Culley wrote:
> Maybe the PC's power supply failed?  This link has some suggestions to
> determine if the power supply is bad.

I've verified that the power supply is OK; I swapped it out with another
one, and got no change.

> http://www.fonerbooks.com/power.htm

I do notice that it suggests that the power switch might be damaged, and
I could try swapping the connection between it and the "reset" button.
I tried that as well, and it didn't change anything.

> You might also try a different power source.

I know that the power source is working because it also connects to the
monitor, printer, scanner, and even a lamp, and they all are receiving
power.

This is starting to look more and more like a motherboard problem...

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Friends, n.:
	People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.

	People who know you well, but like you anyway.